I just got back home after the unpluggd event here in Bangalore. Checked out some really cool demos. I want to highlight some that are trying to solve problems that startups run into and can’t afford expensive solutions. Here are a few such cool SaaS based offerings (in no particular order):
- interviewstreet.com – if you are looking to hire programmers this is a cool SaaS company that helps automate testing the programming aptitude of your applicants. Customers: Facebook, Google, Flipkart, etc
- 99tests.com – crowdsourced QA testing for startups. Customers: Flipkart, etc
- freshdesk.com – SaaS customer support system started by ex-Zoho guys. Customers: 30+
- unbxd.com – search tool for ecomerce sites. Customers: 6
- recruiterbox.com – SaaS based company for startups to manage the job application process end to end. Customers: 50+
- Exotel.in – SaaS based unified voice SMS solutions. Customers: 8
All these companies made a compelling case about solving real issues that startups face, in a cost effective fashion. Most of them have a free one month trial or freemium offer. If you are a startup and want to help your fellow entrepreneurs, please try out some of these tools.
I have added these companies under the Tools section of EntrepreneursToolBox. If you are a startup and use any other such cool tools/products created by entrepreneurs in your ecosystem, please drop me a note or leave a comment. I will collate all the feedback and do a more detailed post if enough responses/interest in this topic.