In the last podcast with Abhinav we discussed the key aspects of picking the right investor and also the actual process of fundraising. You can listen to it here.
Today, we are looking at the same topic from an entrepreneurs’ perspective. We are chatting with Abhiraj Bhal, co-founder and CEO of UrbanClap, a path-breaking company in the Home Services space which has grown from zero to over 300K transactions per month in just over 3.5 years and still growing at a phenomenal pace (3–4x per year).
We are again going to divide the topic into two sub-topics — 1) picking who to raise funds from and 2) the process of fundraising. Key topics covered in this short 30 minute podcast are outlined below.
Picking who to raise funds from
- What are the factors to consider before picking who to raise funds from?
- How did Abhiraj connect with his Angel Investors and VCs?
- Importance of having an experienced Angel as an investor
- Avoidable mistakes while picking your initial source of capital
Tips on the fundraising process
- How long should someone budget for fundraising?
- Tips on preparing your investor pitch — the What, How and Why methodology
- Importance of story-telling as a founder and how to practice that and get feedback
- Being completely open with the investor and why that is important
- Best way to connect with the investor
- Initial pitch to term-sheet — the process from an entrepreneurs’ perspective
In the next episode, we are going to hear from an entrepreneur who is a master at Story-telling — a very essential skill for fundraising as well as for recruiting and retaining employees. If there are any specific questions that are top of mind for you, please do share as a comment below or tweet us at @Accel_India
Accel shares such interesting entrepreneurial stories, with informative nuggets to run and scale your startup. Follow the links below and subscribe to our #AccelInsights Podcast Series using the following links: iTunes, Twitter @Accel_India, Google Music: (US & Canada Only)and the RSS feed