List of resources that could be useful for Indian entrepreneurs. Please let me know if I missed any of your favorite resources.
Listings are in alphabetical order.
Startup Programs and Incubators
- GSF Accelerator – Across multiple cities in India
- Microsoft Accelerator – In Bangalore
- National Entrepreneurship Network – Conducts various programs for promoting entrepreneurship in India
- Startup Leadership Program – A 6-month education/mentoring program for Founder-CEOs that connects them to a global network.
- The Startup Center – accelerator in Chennai
- University Startup Incubators – List of incubators associated with various educational institutions
More exhaustive list here by NextBigWhat.
- IAN Boot-Camp – Multi-city start-up bootcamp
- In50Hrs – Idea to Prototype in 50 hrs
- Power of Ideas – A program run by Economic Times and CIIE
- Silicon India’s Startup City – This event is conducted across India in different cities and attracts good startups
- TechSparks – Annual event for product companies
- UnPluggd – Startup event by NextBigWhat
- hackerrank.com – if you are looking to hire programmers this is a cool SaaS company that helps automate testing the programming aptitude of your applicants. Customers: Facebook, Google, Flipkart, etc
- freshdesk.com – SaaS customer support system started by ex-Zoho guys. Customers: 30+
- unbxd.com – search tool for ecomerce sites. Customers: 6
- recruiterbox.com – SaaS based company for startups to manage the job application process end to end. Customers: 50+
- exotel.in – SaaS based unified voice SMS solutions. Customers: 8
- EdX: Entrepreneurship 101 – MIT Prof. Bill Aulet’s course
- Launching Technology Ventures – Notes from Prof. Tom Eisenmann’s class
- Stanford E-Corner – Podcasts and Videos
- Udacity: How to Build a Startup
Specific Blogs on Topics of Interest to Entrepreneurs
- Indian: medianama.com, NextBigWhat.com, Yourstory.com, VentureIntelligence, vccircle.com
- Global: Techcrunch.com, Venturehacks, avc.com, bothsidesofthetable.com
Note: Inputs regarding various services mentioned in the article should not be considered as an endorsement by the author