- In addition to asking if the sector is unorganized, ask whether it is inefficient. Know exactly what kind of a profit pool is available there.
- There are businesses where a tight testbed is not possible. So find your fulcrum. It takes trial and error but look for the side where your tech intervention as a marketplace will drive the most value.
- Fairness is an easy sell. Both sides of the marketplace appreciate fair policies and practices.
- Once built, marketplaces are not static. They are in dynamic equilibrium. Pay attention to both demand and supply and balance them.
- Unknown mistakes are okay. Don’t make known mistakes.